question about aspx and .NET Framework

qvydge

Hi everybody.
I'm not a programmer, so my question could seem quite trivial.
Is it necessary to have the .NET framework installed on local machine
in order to access aspx pages from the web?
If aspx pages need the framework, why some of them are well executed
under firefox while give problems under IE (and viceversa)?

Which is the main component involved during server code execution: the
web server, the browser or the client's framework?

Thanks
Max (Italy)

Mark Rae [MVP]

Is it necessary to have the .NET framework installed on local machine
in order to access aspx pages from the web?
No.

If aspx pages need the framework, why some of them are well executed
under firefox while give problems under IE (and viceversa)?

Almost certainly due to poorly constructed markup. Make sure you use XHTML
compliance, and validate your pages before deploying them - that will go a
long way to ensuring cross-browser compatibility...
Which is the main component involved during server code execution: the
web server, the browser or the client's framework?

The server. The client browser does nothing more than render the HTML which
it receives as a stream from the webserver.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Hi everybody.
I'm not a programmer, so my question could seem quite trivial.
Is it necessary to have the .NET framework installed on local machine
in order to access aspx pages from the web?
no

If aspx pages need the framework, why some of them are well executed
under firefox while give problems under IE (and viceversa)?

Developers are often bad designers. ;->
Which is the main component involved during server code execution: the
web server, the browser or the client's framework?

The browser simply renders HTML and JavaScript (at least today). The server
runs the ASPX code. Once Silverlight is out, you will see framework code
running on the client side, as well.