queue where I can delete in the middle?

Gernot Frisch

Hi,

which container class can I use that has push/pop at front/back and
allows me to remove any object in the queue?

--
-Gernot
int main(int argc, char** argv) {printf

Looking for a good game? Do it yourself!
GLBasic - you can do
www.GLBasic.com

velthuijsen

deque and list.

Depending on which operation you are going to perform the most on the
container you have to chose between those two
If you expect a lot of insertions/deletions not on the ends a list is
more interesting.
If you expect only an occasional insert/delete not at the ends go for
the deque.

Jonathan Mcdougall

Don't top-post. Rearranged.
vector, list, deque...
I think any container can do.

No. Only sequential containers (vector, list,
deque and adapters stack, queue and priority
queue) can push and pop and some of them have
restrictions over front and back. For example,
vector has no push_front() function.

Only deque and list can push and pop at the end
and beginning while allowing "random" insert and
erase.

Jonathan