Qwicky 0.0.2 -- a REALLY small wiki

Fabian Streitel

Hi, my name is Fabian and I'm a Ruby-holic.

And I have to admit, I did it again last week. I wrote some code. I'm
ashamed of it, but it happened. So here's what came out of it:

Qwicky
======

http://github.com/karottenreibe/qwicky/tree/master

Qwicky is a one-file, as-simple-as-possible implementation of a wiki,
using [Sinatra] [sinatra] and [DataMapper] [datamapper] with SQLite3.

It is REALLY basic, just as I like it ;-). It's features are:
* It has pages
* You can edit them
* You can delete them
* You can rename them
* You can set a homepage
* You can use markup
* It has a simple site-map to give you an overview of all the pages
* It knows wiki links

Markup
======

It supports 4 different markup languages:

1. Simple text
Wraps everyting into whitespace:pre and leaves it as is
2. Markdown
Supports BlueCloth, RDiscount, peg-markup and Maruku
3. Textile
Supports RedCloth
4. RDoc

The great thing is: no extra dependencies for that. If you want to use,
say, Markdown, just install one of the Markdown parsers mentioned above,
Qwicky will recognize, you have that one and use it. So if you don't
want to use Textile, you don't have to install it.

Storage
=======

For each wiki you set up, qwicky will create two files:
_qwicky.yml_ and _qwicky.db_. The former for the settings, the latter
for the database. If you want more than one wiki on your system, you
have two options:

1. Copy the qwicky "executable" file to another folder and run it from
there
2. Tell qwicky to use a different folder than the default one from the
commandline:

qwicky -- some/other/folder

Setting it up
=============

Just look at [it's little README] [readme], it's really straight-forward
and shouldn't take longer than 2 minutes!

[sinatra]: http://www.sinatrarb.com
[datamapper]: http://www.datamapper.org
[readme]:
http://github.com/karottenreibe/qwicky/blob/a83078993c586f1f618cb5eadd775511e1b6bbfc/README.markdown

Feedback
========

Got ideas, criticism, feature requests? I'd love to hear them! Either
here, on GitHub or via mail.

Greetz!