Radio and textbox control overlaps in client web browsers. Help!

Guest

I have developed webforms on which there are many radio buttons, textboxes,
and labels designed in Visual Studio .NET with GridLayout. Most of them are
required to allocate those controls into one page. The problem is that I
designed the web forms by using Visual Studio .NET in defualt property
setting. It works OK in my machine. However, those controls appear overlap in
some client web browsers due to their font setting in broswer and screen
resolution. It is too messy to read the page in thw web browser. How can I
solve this problem without changing my code too much? How many ways can I try
to solve the problem?

Thank you for any help and advice.

David

Guest

Some page uses table and put radio buttons and textboxes, and labels into the
cells. But I can not use table. My web pages look like a junk pages in
different font size in browsers.

David

Sorcerdon

David,
why cant you use tables?
Place a Panel and in that panel place a table. - I think this is IDEAL.
regards,

Stas K.

Guest

Thank you, Stas.
I have over 100 radio buttons and 20 textboxes and 40 labels in one page
(not allowed roll up and down). The page is tightly arranged. If I use a
table, how can I easily change my current layout and configuration in design?
There are also some dynamic attribute Adds in codebehind.

David

Sorcerdon

HTML tables are there for your control.
You can use them to make your UI look any way you want.
Dont forget to set cellspacing and cellpadding to 0 so it even looks
like the table is not there and so it all fits.
You can just Drag and Drop them into the table.

If you have dynamic attributes in the code behind convert them to front
end - if by this you mean Response.Write's.

By the way,you shouldn't change any of the code to accomlish this
migration, since all the objects are still in scope.

regards,
Stas K.

Guest

Hi, Stas:

I insert a panel into the design pane and then a table into the panel.
However, I can not drag the radio buttons into the table. Whenever you drag
it in, it automatically goes back to original position. Could you tell how to
drag it into the table?

David

Sorcerdon

I think you can do it with Cut and then click on the panel and then
paste.
Make sure that when you do this all the properties of the textbox is
kept.
regards,
Stas K.