Rails: Error Trace Page not showing

Ben Lee

So when I had syntax errors in my view/controllers before, it would
display the error and give me the framework trace/dump on the web page
- now it only says Application failed to start and logs that stuff - is
there anyway to get errors to show on the page again?

thanks,
Ben

Peter Burns

That may be an error of a different kind, encountered earlier in than
controllers/views. If the errors are sporadic, give some information
about your environment. I think there's a workaround for something
like this in FastCGI with Apache. If they're consistent, look for
errors in routes.rb, environment.rb, or any other file that Rails
deals with early on as it's running, especially if you've edited them
recently.

If the errors are in fact in the view/controllers, check to ensure
that you're running in development mode.

Ben Lee

Thanks for the reply,
I'm actually just using Apache 2 and regular CGI for dev right now
and my beef is with errors that I know I'm causing myself in my
view/controller - it's logging them to my development.log, so I assume
I'm in dev mode. It's just more of a hassle to check the log to see
what I've done wrong than the way it was before when it would serve up
a framework trace/session dump/error page

Ben