random number generator

Michel

Hi all,

I want to get some random numbers that follows normal distribution with
given mean ( not 0, but for instance, 0.5) and standard deviation. Does
anybody happen to know where I can get the open source C program that
generates such random numbers? Thanks in advance.

Michel

Dan Pop

In said:
I want to get some random numbers that follows normal distribution with
given mean ( not 0, but for instance, 0.5) and standard deviation. Does
anybody happen to know where I can get the open source C program that
generates such random numbers? Thanks in advance.

What was your C language question?

Dan

Richard Bos

Michel said:
I want to get some random numbers that follows normal distribution with
given mean ( not 0, but for instance, 0.5) and standard deviation. Does
anybody happen to know where I can get the open source C program that
generates such random numbers? Thanks in advance.

Beautiful FAQ, so true and right,
Waiting on this useful site!
Who to such answers would turn his back?
FAQ of the newsgroup, beautiful FAQ!
FAQ of the newsgroup, beautiful FAQ!
Beau-ootiful FA-AQ!
Beau-ootiful FA-AQ!
FA-AQ of the ne-e-ewsgroup,
Beautiful, beautiful FAQ!

Beautiful FAQ! How much doest show
That a poster has to know!
Who would not give all else for a q-
uotation from our beautiful FAQ?
Quotation from our beautiful FAQ?
Beau-ootiful FA-AQ!
Beau-ootiful FA-AQ!
FA-AQ of the ne-e-ewsgroup,
Beautiful, beauti-FUL FAQ!

In other words, <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/q13.20.html>.

Richard

[ Walks off in the distance, singing: ]

FA-AQ of the ne-e-ewsgroup,
Beautiful, beautiful FAQ!

Michel

Beautiful FAQ, so true and right,
Waiting on this useful site!
Who to such answers would turn his back?
FAQ of the newsgroup, beautiful FAQ!
FAQ of the newsgroup, beautiful FAQ!
Beau-ootiful FA-AQ!
Beau-ootiful FA-AQ!