RDoc'ed versions of stdlib files

Gavin Sinclair

[This thread has travelled from ruby-code to personal email and now to
ruby-talk, since it may be of general interest.]
I have recently committed telnet.rb, the only change being
documentation.

Gavin,

I'm completely confused about where to get the RDoc enhanced versions
the various Ruby libraries. Is there a website with the RDoc files? Do
I have to download an updated library file and run RDoc on my machine?
Please let me know.

Heh, it's much simpler than that: they're in the Ruby CVS!

About 12 files have been RDoc'ed so far. Many of these were done prior to
the release of 1.8, so a standard 1.8 install will have RDoc comments in
matrix.rb, find.rb, complex.rb, and a few others. If you grab the latest
CVS, all of lib/net is RDoc'ed.

Yes, you have to run 'rdoc' yourself. The output may be a bit messy; all
comments welcome. Bleeding-edge rdoc features (read: CVS) are required.

Cheers,
Gavin