RE : Gnuplot

• Thread starter Murugesan, Karthik
  • Start date
M

Murugesan, Karthik

Hello, I am having a few issues interfacing gnuplot with python. When I tryto run the demo.py file I get the following error messages:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\Common Files\dSPACE\Python25\lib\site-packages\Pythonwin\pywin\framework\scriptutils.py", line 310, in RunScript
exec codeObject in __main__.__dict__
File "C:\Program Files\Common Files\dSPACE\Python25\Lib\site-packages\Gnuplot\demo.py", line 110, in <module>
demo()
File "C:\Program Files\Common Files\dSPACE\Python25\Lib\site-packages\Gnuplot\demo.py", line 36, in demo
g.reset()
File "C:\Program Files\Common Files\dSPACE\Python25\Lib\site-packages\Gnuplot\_Gnuplot.py", line 366, in reset
self('reset')
File "C:\Program Files\Common Files\dSPACE\Python25\Lib\site-packages\Gnuplot\_Gnuplot.py", line 210, in __call__
self.gnuplot(s)
File "C:\Program Files\Common Files\dSPACE\Python25\lib\site-packages\Gnuplot\gp_win32.py", line 130, in __call__
self.write(s + '\n')
IOError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument

After reading other users having similar problems, I altered the 'gnuplot_command' line in gp_win32.py to 'gnuplot_command = "c:\Program Files\wgnuplot\bin\pgnuplot.exe", in an attempt to directly get the pgnuplot.exe(whichI believe is the root of the problem). However, I still get the same errormessage. Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks
**************************************************************************************** Note: If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you. ****************************************************************************************

Ask a Question