Reading from a text file, netbeans c++?

Hello All,

Does anyone know how and/or where to add a text file if I want to practice reading in text using Netbeans C++?

Thanks
Ian

code:

#include <iostream>
#include <fstream>
#include <string>
#include <cstring>
#include <cstdlib>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
int sum=0, count;
ifstream test;
ifstream readin;
std::string tester;
test.open("Alligator.txt");
//test.open("C:\\Users\\Ian\\C++\\Text\\Alligator.txt");
if(!test.is_open())
{
cout<<"Error opening file!";
exit(EXIT_FAILURE);
}
char test_array[100];
test.getline(test_array,100);
//cout<<test_array;
//getline(test,tester);
while(test.good())
{
//cout<<tester<<endl;
++sum;
//getline(test,tester);

}
if(test.eof())
cout<<"End of file reached!\n";
else if(test.fail())
cout<<"Error of the unknown type?\n";
cout<<sum;
system("pause");
return 0;

Kuroneko

[...]

Put it in the same directory as the compiled binary. (I think.)

Turns out just had to list the target directory. Thanks though!