Receiving Unspecified Error...

David Lozzi

Unspecified error
C:\INETPUB\WWWROOT\WELCOME\../common/adovbs.inc, line 4

And line 4 is this
Connect.Open "database"

Its happening across the board too, on each database on this server. Same
errors, but connecting to different databases.

Any ideas?

--
David Lozzi
Associated Business & Technology Group

I should've known that....but I had a brain fart.

David Lozzi

One more thing, when i get the error, if I wait about 30-60 seconds, and
refresh, the page will load fine, but then when I try to access it again, i
get the error, then I can wait again, refresh, and I'll get it again, and
then lose it. It keeps going off and on.....

--
David Lozzi
Associated Business & Technology Group
www.associatedbtg.com

I should've known that....but I had a brain fart.

~glen~

You might try might try putting your reference to ADO in your global.asa
file, like so...
<!-- METADATA TYPE="typelib" FILE="c:\path\to\msado15.dll" -->

David Lozzi

OK, this works great
:
Dim Connect, cst
cst = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
Source=c:\inetpub\databases\db.mdb"
Set Connect = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
Connect.Open cst

--
David Lozzi
Associated Business & Technology Group
www.associatedbtg.com

I should've known that....but I had a brain fart.

WIlliam Morris

Your problem is Access, not your code.

David Lozzi said:
OK, this works great
:
Dim Connect, cst
cst = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
Source=c:\inetpub\databases\db.mdb"
Set Connect = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
Connect.Open cst

--
David Lozzi
Associated Business & Technology Group
www.associatedbtg.com

I should've known that....but I had a brain fart.
again,