redirect as POST with 'virtual' hidden fileds.

Radek G.

Hello to All
I have heavy problem. I would like to describe it - please write any
suggestions.
The Problem:
I have a form requiring some values to be entered - some of them are
mandatory some of the them are not. Submiting The Form targets other
script(script no 2), where is checked if mandatory fields was filled. If all
mandatory fields was not entered scpript should REDIRECT to previous form
(script no 1) with marked (red color) empty mandatory fields. All rest
fileds should have preselected values according to prevoisusly entered.
The problem is: redirect as sending a http heading with ulr is not enoght. I
need redirect as 'POST' becouse there are some hidden fileds with big values
which must be all the time stored.
If you know some methods to redirect as 'POST' with setting values to some
'virtual' hidden fileds in perl please write it direct to my e-mail.

btw: I know one method: generated some html with form with hidden fileds and
onLoad submit this form. But I need some much profesional method.

PS: Please don't write me that project structure is wrong ect, or I should
browse more deeple trought documentation ;). - I'm fixing someone else job
and now It must be done this way (I other way I have to change about 25000
code lines:) ).

best Regards
rgasiore <eye>

Joe Smith

Radek said:
I have a form requiring some values to be entered - some of them are
mandatory some of the them are not. Submiting The Form targets other
script(script no 2), where is checked if mandatory fields was filled. If all
mandatory fields was not entered scpript should REDIRECT to previous form

No, the entered script should re-display the form.

Here is one of the cases where it makes sense to use a single CGI, not
an html document and two CGIs.

1) If called with no data, the CGI displays the form to be filled out.
2) If called with some data, the CGI displays the form to be filled out
with some fields filled in and some fields highlighted in red.
3) If called with all required data, process it.

Note that this is an html/cgi problem, and is not specific to perl.
-Joe

Radek G.

Uzytkownik "Joe Smith said:
form

No, the entered script should re-display the form.
that is right it should, but It doesn't(not my work ;) )
Here is one of the cases where it makes sense to use a single CGI, not
an html document and two CGIs.

1) If called with no data, the CGI displays the form to be filled out.
2) If called with some data, the CGI displays the form to be filled out
with some fields filled in and some fields highlighted in red.
3) If called with all required data, process it.
and that's right again, and I known it all this cases. Anyway I have to do
it in two scripts (don't ask way - just say I'm fixing someone massed up
job).
Note that this is an html/cgi problem, and is not specific to perl.
I'm not asking about general CGI coding methods but about some specivied
packages, classes, functions for Perl language enable to solve my problem by
redirecting as POST with virtual hidden fileds.

Joe Smith

Radek said:
I'm not asking about general CGI coding methods but about some specivied
packages, classes, functions for Perl language enable to solve my problem by
redirecting as POST with virtual hidden fileds.

The redirect is processed by the browser. Many browsers have problems
dealing with redirect and POST together. It's both a lack of standards
and a lack of functionality in the browser. Good luck in locating a solution.
-Joe

Radek G.

thanks for info

regards