redirect to logon page after session timeout

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by francois, Apr 29, 2004.

  1. francois

    francois Guest

    Hi,

    I would like to redirect the user to the login page after the session time
    out.

    I tried to do a trick in the global.aspx.cs

    protected void Application_BeginRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e)

    {

    object obj = Session["memberId"];

    if (obj == null)

    {

    // do redirect

    But it says that the Session object cannot be called in that context.

    My goal is that I am trying to check at each request if the session object i
    stored in my Session is still existing or not. If not, it means the session
    is timed out and that i need to log in again and go back to the log in page.

    Thanks for any help

    Francois

    francois, Apr 29, 2004

  2. Try this:

    if(Session["memberID"] == null)
    {

    Response.Redirect("redirectpage.aspx");

    }

    Antoni Massó Mola, Apr 29, 2004

  3. francois

    francois Guest

    the problem is that i cannot access the Session veriable in the
    Application_BeginRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) method.

    When i run the project the Global.aspx does not compile and show an show
    the following error

    Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Session state is not available
    in this context.

    Line 55: protected void Application_BeginRequest(Object sender, EventArgs
    e)
    Line 56: {
    Line 57: if(Session["memberID"] == null)
    Line 58: {

    Then where can u do this check if i cannot do it in that method?

    francois

    francois, Apr 29, 2004
  4. francois

    salmonriaz

    Joined:
    May 20, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Session

    it is because you cannot access Session like that, try the following

    protected void Application_BeginRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
    HttpContext cntxt = default(HttpContext);
    cntxt = HttpContext.Current;

    if (cntxt.Session["SomeID"] == null)
    {

    cntxt.Response.Redirect("redirectpage.aspx");

    salmonriaz, May 20, 2010