reference-counted dynamic tag-union objects

luser-ex-troll

IMO it is better to use a cat. Sure, it may cause the cat's brains (or
whatever it has instead of brains) to dribble out of its ears, but at
least that means one fewer vermin on this world.

Richard

I strongly react to that. It is both very funny and
very depressing (glances wistfully at snoozing kitty).
In defense of little cougars everywhere, I feel obliged
to point out that cats hunt smaller "vermin". So in any
such philippic, their utility deserves consideration.

And anyway, a dog would be far easier to pursuade
to perform this dangerous feat.

Now if only it could grok this lisp source for me!
I feel like I'm stuck at step 1. I can't figure out
the purpose of

typedef int lval;

Wouldn't the whole thing be even smaller without it?
Especially since function values default to int
anyway.

l-x-t

Richard Bos

luser-ex-troll said:
I strongly react to that. It is both very funny and
very depressing (glances wistfully at snoozing kitty).

On the contrary, it depresses me not a jot. Finding feathers in my
garden, that does depress me.
In defense of little cougars everywhere, I feel obliged
to point out that cats hunt smaller "vermin".

In the countryside, perhaps. If you have a farm, feel free to let your
cats roam your grainstore to hunt mice. But keep them out of civilised
places. Here, cats hunt the long-tailed tit that just spent time in my
garden. The long-tailed tit is not vermin; the cat is.
Now if only it could grok this lisp source for me!
I feel like I'm stuck at step 1. I can't figure out
the purpose of

typedef int lval;

That's not lisp; it needs at least four opening parens and three closing
ones.

Richard