Refreshing a Page

Wayne Wengert

I have a menu that calls a specific asp page and passes a variable

data1page.asp?year=2001

where the value of the year variable is determined in code.

This works fine the first 2 times I call the page but after the second call,
all future calls get the data for the same year as in the 2nd call. If I
click on "Refresh" and then try a different call, it works as expected. I
suspect the I am getting a cached page (why?).

How can I execute a call with a forced refresh and/or how can I prevent the
called page from being cached?

Bite My Bubbles

go into iis, right-click on the website. Take properties.
Click on the home directory tab.
Click the configuration button.
on the mappings tab, uncheck the "cache isapi extensions"

Wayne Wengert

I don't have root access to IIS. I just buy Windows Web service from an ISP

Wayne

Wayne Wengert

Thanks for the pointers. It turns out that the code to immediately expire
the page didn't help. I contacted my ISP on the other hint but am not
optimistic they will change anything.

I appreciate the suggestions

Wayne