Regular expression

Jim Heavey

I am trying to figure out how to use a regular expression when using the
regular expression validator. I am wanting to all characters A-Z and a-z
and 0-9 and also * and + and I want to allow 1 to 1000 characters to be
keyed.

The way I read the documentation, I should be able to say [a-zA-Z0-9] -
just testing this, it allows me to enter a "(" without an error. So I am
kind of stuck.

How do I say:
A-Z and a-z and 0-9 and also * and + and between 1 and 1000 characters?

Chris R. Timmons

I am trying to figure out how to use a regular expression when
using the regular expression validator. I am wanting to all
characters A-Z and a-z and 0-9 and also * and + and I want to
allow 1 to 1000 characters to be keyed.

The way I read the documentation, I should be able to say
[a-zA-Z0-9] - just testing this, it allows me to enter a "("
without an error. So I am kind of stuck.

How do I say:
A-Z and a-z and 0-9 and also * and + and between 1 and 1000
characters?

Jim,

[a-zA-Z0-9*+]{1,1000}

Hope this helps.