Reloading an iFrame inside an iFrame

KDawg44

Hi,

I have a page that has an iFrame. In that iFrame is a bunch of stuff
and another iFrame. I want to reload the inner iFrame (without
reloading the outer iFrame) from the page.

Page
|_ iFrame 1
|_ iFrame 1.1

I need to reload iFrame 1.1 from Page. Is that possible?

Thanks.

Kevin

Stevo

KDawg44 said:
Hi,

I have a page that has an iFrame. In that iFrame is a bunch of stuff
and another iFrame. I want to reload the inner iFrame (without
reloading the outer iFrame) from the page.

Page
|_ iFrame 1
|_ iFrame 1.1

I need to reload iFrame 1.1 from Page. Is that possible?

Thanks.

Kevin

This can only be answered if you detail whether the page and iframes are
all in the same domain.

KDawg44

This can only be answered if you detail whether the page and iframes are
all in the same domain.

Our company intranet website has an issue tracking page that a group
of us have to use. we use it a couple times an hour. It keeps timing
out after 10 minutes. Its supposed to be AD integrated but it doesnt
work very well so you have to login about 20-30 times before it takes
(literally). They are working on this but it is a huge pain.

In the meantime, I was hoping to simply embed the URL of the page in
an iFrame of another page, then call that iFrame to keep refreshing to
reset the annoying timeout. But the timeout is kept track of by an
internal iFrame and I would prefer to just refresh that iFrame.

I was hoping to simply write a python script that kept grabbing the
src of the internal iFrame's URL every five minutes but that does not
seem to have alleviated the issue.

I am not surprised if this is not possible but I thought I would give
it a whirl since this thing wastes so much of my time every day.

Thanks.

Kevin

Jorge

In the meantime, I was hoping to simply embed the URL of the page in
an iFrame of another page, then call that iFrame to keep refreshing to
reset the annoying timeout.  But the timeout is kept track of by an
internal iFrame and I would prefer to just refresh that iFrame.

Inject into the page (via a bookmarklet) a JS code snippet to do the
refresh:

javascript:void (setTimeout(function(){ refreshing_code_here; },
1000*60*4));

Jorge

javascript:void (setTimeout(function(){ refreshing_code_here; },
1000*60*4));

Oops,

javascript:void(setInterval(function(){ refreshing_code_here; },
1000*60*4));