Remote desktop Access via web page

Dray

Hi,

I've got a page which displays IP and connection details for
customers' servers (for our support personnel) and I'd like to have a
button which creates a remote desktop connection to whatever server is
selected. I've got this code but all it does is create rdp access on
our web server rather than the user's machine...

Dim varIP As String
Dim varConnStr As String
Dim CHFLoc As String
Dim retval As Object

varIP = RemoteIPtxt.Text
If ConsoleChk.Checked = True Then
varConnStr = "C:\Windows\system32\mstsc.exe /CONSOLE /f /v:" &
varIP
Else
varConnStr = "C:\Windows\system32\ /f /v:" & varIP
End If
retval = Shell(varConnStr, vbMaximizedFocus)

Anthony Jones

Dray said:
Hi,

I've got a page which displays IP and connection details for
customers' servers (for our support personnel) and I'd like to have a
button which creates a remote desktop connection to whatever server is
selected. I've got this code but all it does is create rdp access on
our web server rather than the user's machine...

Dim varIP As String
Dim varConnStr As String
Dim CHFLoc As String
Dim retval As Object

varIP = RemoteIPtxt.Text
If ConsoleChk.Checked = True Then
varConnStr = "C:\Windows\system32\mstsc.exe /CONSOLE /f /v:" &
varIP
Else
varConnStr = "C:\Windows\system32\ /f /v:" & varIP
End If
retval = Shell(varConnStr, vbMaximizedFocus)

You won't be able to do that, if a web site could aribitarily create files
on a client PC all hell would break loose.

Have you considered hosting the Remote Access Control on a web page. Instead
of displaying the connection details the page could simply connect.

Dray

Yeah I've looked into that but haven't been able to figure out how to
automatically connect (ie pass IP details to the rdp activex
control)...

LBM

If your using the remote desktop web connection then you can pass certain
variables to automatically connect to a remote machine. An example of the
path would be:

http://remoteaddress/tsweb/default.htm?Server=<ip or servername
here>&AutoConnect=1

Having looked at the code behind the htm page there isn't anything to pickup
the UserName or Password. Hope this helps.