    Archos Guest

    How to replace all strings at the same time?
    "ab,c,d"

    Archos, Feb 22, 2012

  2. Archos

    J.R. Guest

    If I understood correctly, you want to replace all the commas in a
    variable with '', right? Then you might use a RegExp such as:

    var a = "a,b,c,d";
    a.replace(/,/g, '')

    J.R., Feb 22, 2012

  3. Archos

    Archos Guest

    Yes, thanks. I hope that the use of regular expressions been right for
    main browsers.

    Archos, Feb 22, 2012
  4. Archos

    Evertjan. Guest

    J.R. wrote on 22 feb 2012 in comp.lang.javascript:
    var a = "a,b,c,d";
    a = a.replace(/,/g, '');

    ==============

    If you don't feel comfortable with Regex, try:

    var a = "a,b,c,d";
    a = a.split(',').join('');

    Evertjan., Feb 22, 2012
  5. Archos

    J.R. Guest

    Hi,
    The "searchValue" argument of the String.prototype.replace method can be
    a regular expression or not, according to the standards (ECMA-262
    Editions 3 and 5, section 15.5.4.11).

    Cheers,
    Joao Rodrigues (J.R.)

    J.R., Feb 22, 2012
  6. On 22 Feb 2012 22:02:45 GMT, "Evertjan."

    [snip]
    Neat! <added to arsenal>

    Sincerely,

    Gene Wirchenko