Request.form isn't working

Scott Durrett

I have 2 pages. Page1 is a .html page with a form, hidden input, and a
submit button. I have the action set to Post.

<form id="form1" action="paymentcatch.aspx" method="post">

<input id="wtf" type="text" value="thisisnotworking" />

<input id="Submit1" type="submit" value="submit" />

</form>

Page 2 is ASPX (c#). On the page load I want to read the value from the
hidden input on Page1.

I'm trying to read the hidden input like this: Reques.Form["wtf"]

Everytime the result is null. Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks In Advance
Scott

Karl Seguin [MVP]

forms are submitted based on the NAME field, not the IDfield..

try
<input id="wtf" name="wtf" type="text".../>

Karl

Scott Durrett

Karl,

Thank for the suggestion. Looks like the Request object is coming in blank
on my aspx catch page. I cannot figure this darn thing out. :)

Scott

--
http://www.openmymind.net/
http://www.fuelindustries.com/

Scott Durrett said:
I have 2 pages. Page1 is a .html page with a form, hidden input, and a
submit button. I have the action set to Post.

<form id="form1" action="paymentcatch.aspx" method="post">

<input id="wtf" type="text" value="thisisnotworking" />

<input id="Submit1" type="submit" value="submit" />

</form>

Page 2 is ASPX (c#). On the page load I want to read the value from the
hidden input on Page1.

I'm trying to read the hidden input like this: Reques.Form["wtf"]

Everytime the result is null. Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks In Advance
Scott

Scott Durrett

Karl,

You were correct :) it's working now. The problem is when I was trying
everything I had changed my action from Post to Get... and never changed it
back. So back to the main problem. I was missing the Name tag.

Thanks

Scott Durrett said:
I have 2 pages. Page1 is a .html page with a form, hidden input, and a
submit button. I have the action set to Post.

<form id="form1" action="paymentcatch.aspx" method="post">

<input id="wtf" type="text" value="thisisnotworking" />

<input id="Submit1" type="submit" value="submit" />

</form>

Page 2 is ASPX (c#). On the page load I want to read the value from the
hidden input on Page1.

I'm trying to read the hidden input like this: Reques.Form["wtf"]

Everytime the result is null. Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks In Advance
Scott

Juan T. Llibre

Hi, Scott.

You can find out real easy by using Request.Params.

Run this :
---------
requestparams.aspx
---------
<%@ Page Language="C#"%>
<script runat="server">
private void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
string paramInfo = "";
NameValueCollection pColl = Request.Params;
for(int i = 0; i <= pColl.Count - 1; i++)
{
paramInfo += "Key: " + pColl.GetKey(i) + "<br>";

string[] pValues = pColl.GetValues(i);

for(int j = 0; j <= pValues.Length - 1; j++)
{
paramInfo += "Value:" + pValues[j] + "<br><br>";
lblValues.Text = paramInfo;
}
</script>
<head>
</head>
<form runat="server">
<asp:Label id="lblValues" runat="server" />
</form>
----------

That will iterate through all the request parameters.

If you use : <input id="wtf" name="wtf" type="text".../>

You could also, simply use :

Page.Request.Params["wtf"];

Scott Durrett said:
I have 2 pages. Page1 is a .html page with a form, hidden input, and a submit button. I have
the action set to Post.

<form id="form1" action="paymentcatch.aspx" method="post">

<input id="wtf" type="text" value="thisisnotworking" />

<input id="Submit1" type="submit" value="submit" />

</form>

Page 2 is ASPX (c#). On the page load I want to read the value from the hidden input on Page1.

I'm trying to read the hidden input like this: Reques.Form["wtf"]

Everytime the result is null. Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks In Advance
Scott

Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Only have ID fields

I am getting a plain HTML form submitted to my aspx page using POST, and the input controls only have the id field, the name field is blank. Is there any way to get the field data by id in ASP .NET.

Thanks,

Harris

Last edited: