Required Field Control ?

Thomas McFarlane

I have a dataentry form that requires certain TextControls to be filled by
the user. I also have a "User Control" that hosts several Url Link Button
controls and these Url links can be clicked at anytime. At present, my
dataentry form does not allow user to escape, they have to enter the
"required" fields before they can click on other Url links. How do I
programmatically allow the user to exit the current form (by pass the
required fields) without entering data except for the "Submit" button ?

Thanks

Tom

Hans Kesting

Thomas said:
I have a dataentry form that requires certain TextControls to be
filled by the user. I also have a "User Control" that hosts several
Url Link Button controls and these Url links can be clicked at
anytime. At present, my dataentry form does not allow user to
escape, they have to enter the "required" fields before they can
click on other Url links. How do I programmatically allow the user to
exit the current form (by pass the required fields) without entering
data except for the "Submit" button ?
Thanks

Tom

There is a CausesValidation property for the LinkButton: if false then
the validators are not checked when this linkbutton is clicked.

Hans Kesting

Guest

Hi Thomas,
You can set the CausesValidation property for the LinkButton controls to
False. So only the Submit button has the CausesValidation set to true and the
form will be validated only when Submit button is clicked.
HTH
srini

Thomas McFarlane

Hans Kesting said:
There is a CausesValidation property for the LinkButton: if false then
the validators are not checked when this linkbutton is clicked.

Hans Kesting

Smart! Thanks all. That works!

Tom