Requirements for using Control & Property Attributes in ASP.NET

Nathan Sokalski

I am attempting to add Attributes to my ASP.NET Controls & Properties. Here
is what my Controls look like:

<ToolboxData("<{0}:parameter runat=""server""/>")> _
Public Class Parameter : Inherits System.Web.UI.Control
Private _name As String

<Description("My Property Description")> _
Public WriteOnly Property Name() As String
Set(ByVal value As String)
Me._name = value
End Set
End Property

Protected Overrides Sub Render(ByVal writer As
System.Web.UI.HtmlTextWriter)
End Sub
End Class

Neither of these Attributes are showing when I use the Control. After a ton
of searching the web for help (most of the pages I found showed nothing but
what I already have), the only thing I found that told me anything was
something about certain namespaces needing to be referenced and imported.
Even after adding these namespaces to my references and imports, they still
did nothing. Could somebody tell me ALL of the requirements necessary for
the attributes to take effect (namespaces that need referenced and/or
imported, settings that must be set, etc.)? Thanks.