Response.Redirect problem from remote machine

JDS

I am a newbie to asp.net but have done traditional vb, asp and vb.net
- please forgive any dumb questions!

As a test I have a very simple page (Default.aspx) with a single
button which then redirects to a second page (MemberReport.aspx) using
Response.Redirect. I have the code working on a remote machine as
localhost and the same code running on the server as localhost both
with no problems. However, when I try to access the pages on the
server from a remote machine it does not work.

I can access either page directly from the remote machine, both from
within the network and from outside. When I click on the button on the
first page from within the network it just seems to refresh the same
page; when I access the page from outside the network and click the
button it comes up with an error message "Internet Explorer cannot
display the webpage".

The code is very simple:
Protected Sub btnSubmit_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles btnSubmit.Click
Response.Redirect("MemberReport.aspx?MemberID=10058")
End Sub
(note I can open the target page directly with no problem).

Version information:
server: Windows SBS 2003, virtual directory running asp.net version
2.0
client: Windows XP Pro, IE 7.0

Any help greatly appreciated.

Guest

JDS said:
page; when I access the page from outside the network and click the
button it comes up with an error message "Internet Explorer cannot
display the webpage".

Go to Tools - Internet Options - Advanced tab and uncheck the 'Show friendly
HTTP error messages'

After that you will see the error message

JDS

Go to Tools - Internet Options - Advanced tab and uncheck the 'Show friendly
HTTP error messages'

After that you will see the error message

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I have tried that and it still
says "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" - makes it harder
to know where to start looking.

Guest

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I have tried that and it still
says "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" - makes it harder
to know where to start looking.

What's the full code of your web form? Is there any client script or
ASP.NET validation that might block a form to postback? In addition,
try to check if Server.Transfer is working

JDS

What's the full code of your web form? Is there any client script or
ASP.NET validation that might block a form to postback? In addition,
try to check if Server.Transfer is working- Hide quoted text -

The original opening page just had a single button with the following
code:

Protected Sub btnSubmit_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles btnSubmit.Click
Response.Redirect("MemberReport.aspx?MemberID=10058")
End Sub

However, since then I was developing the target page, tried again but
with additional items on the opening page and everything working OK.
Tried reverting back to the original and all still working! Absolute
mystery to me. Thanks for your help anyway.

Best regards,
Jeremy