Retrive file name from the window's file path

praba kar

Dear All,
I am using Python 2.4 in the linux platform.
At present I am working on webbased file manager.
When I try to upload a file from the linux cgi
script easily fetch the file name by the
filefield.filename. But When I try to upload
a file from the windows machine It won't
retrieve the file instead of retrieved
full path (C:\\WINDOWS\my.gif).

And at the same I couldn't know how to
get file name from window's file path
C:\\WINDOWS\my.gif. I try to workout these
things by os.path.basename().os.path.splitext().
Kindly let me how to handle these situation

prabahar

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your friends 'n family snaps for FREE with Yahoo! Photos http://in.photos.yahoo.com