Rich Textbox Problem

wolfgang

I'd like to create a rich textbox which inherits from TextBox:

public class MyTextBox : TextBox
base.Render(writer);
LinkButton button = new LinkButton();
button.Text = "Button";
button.RenderControl(writer);

But in the output produced the linkbutton is no longer a LinkButton
but just plain text. If i inherit from CompositeControl everything
woks find but then my testbox is no longer a TextBox.

Is there a way to make my linkbutton work and my textbox remains a
TextBox?

Peter Bucher [MVP]

Hi wolfgang
public class MyTextBox : TextBox
base.Render(writer);
LinkButton button = new LinkButton();
button.Text = "Button";
button.RenderControl(writer);
Should work.
But be sure to give the control a ID.

What is the produced Output looks like?

wolfgang

Hi wolfgang

Should work.
But be sure to give the control a ID.

What is the produced Output looks like?

Hi Peter,

the output produced is a TextBox and the text of the button. The
functionality of the LinkButton is lost. It's just text and not a
link.

Wolfgang

Peter Bucher [MVP]

Hi Wolfgang

Do it like so:
public class MyTextBox : TextBox
{
protected override void OnInit(.....) {
LinkButton b = new LinkButton();
b.ID = "someID";
b.Text = "someText";
this.Controls.Add(b);
base.Render(writer);
button.RenderControl(writer);

wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang

Do it like so:
    public class MyTextBox : TextBox
    {
protected override void OnInit(.....) {
LinkButton b = new LinkButton();
b.ID = "someID";
b.Text = "someText";
this.Controls.Add(b);}

            base.Render(writer);
            button.RenderControl(writer);

Many thaks, Peter. The control is working, now. The source code now
is:

public class MyTextBox : TextBox
LinkButton button = new LinkButton();
button.Text = "Button";