rowupdating- I cant get values of columns - blanks- please advise

Guest

hi there,
I think this is the 3rd forum where I have posted this question, but so far,
I guess I haven't explained myself well enough. Anyway, I have an unbound
gridview that uses a stored procedure to fill it. It is working fine and
fills the grid ok, but when I try to refer to the columns of the row I am
editing, I cannot get anything. I can display values from the row I didn't
click on though, which is really weird to me. I tried to look for
newvalues,but newvalues.count is zero. I saw an article where I should go
through the idictionary (e.keys.keys), but I dont get anything there either.
Am I checking for things in the wrong event? I'm really frustrated, can
somebody shed some light for me? This is how I am checking for my column
values :
Dim x As String = GVTimeSheet.Rows(e.rowindex).Cells(14).Text
I am setting the e.neweditindex to e.rowindex in the rowediting event , then
calling my binding procedure. I have enabled rowupdating,rowediting,
rowcanceing,etc. I have set my datakeynames up. What did I miss? I look
forward to your reply.

thanks a lot.

Guest

hi,
I found a posting that talks about the problem I have. It's some code by S.
Cheng, where he uses ExtractValuesFromCell. I tried this, but it never goes
beyond two columns( I have 20). So, that doesn't work for me. Is it because I
am not using templates?