RTF 2 Tiff

cjankowski

Hi all,
I am trying to convert an RTF file to a Tiff image using Python. This
process will convert several hundred images daily. Currently I am
able to get the RTF file into a text format using Rtf2Txt.py, but I
loose the images contained in the RTF file. I have the same problem
when I convert to .HTML using Rtf2Html.py. I do not have a sample
that I can share because of HIPPA regulations. Can anyone please help
me?

Thanks,

Chris J.

Zentrader

Hi all,
I am trying to convert an RTF file to a Tiff image using Python. This
process will convert several hundred images daily. Currently I am
able to get the RTF file into a text format using Rtf2Txt.py, but I
loose the images contained in the RTF file. I have the same problem
when I convert to .HTML using Rtf2Html.py. I do not have a sample
that I can share because of HIPPA regulations. Can anyone please help
me?

Thanks,

Chris J.

Perhaps someone will have a more Pythonic answer. Abiword will
convert from rtf to html and can be run from the command line. I
would also look at openjade and w3m. You may have to parse the file
and look for the images and convert them separately using an
Imagemagick type program. I don't have much experience with this, but
hopefully one of these will work or someone else can provide more info.

Larry Bates

Hi all,
I am trying to convert an RTF file to a Tiff image using Python. This
process will convert several hundred images daily. Currently I am
able to get the RTF file into a text format using Rtf2Txt.py, but I
loose the images contained in the RTF file. I have the same problem
when I convert to .HTML using Rtf2Html.py. I do not have a sample
that I can share because of HIPPA regulations. Can anyone please help
me?

Thanks,

Chris J.
Google turns up lots of solutions, but you didn't tell us what operating system
you are running on. Most likely you will want to automate one of the off-the
shelf solutions rather than trying to roll your own.

-Larry

cjankowski

Google turns up lots of solutions, but you didn't tell us what operating system
you are running on. Most likely you will want to automate one of the off-the
shelf solutions rather than trying to roll your own.

-Larry

We are running Windows Operating Systems. I was not able to find
anything that actually would convert the images via command line or
interface. I tried a couple of boxed solutions and they only convert
the text portions. I would perfer to not reinvent the wheel. I did
find someone has created RTF's using Python and images, but I need to
reverse the process.

Thanks again,

Chris J.

Dennis.Benzinger

[...]
We are running Windows Operating Systems. I was not able to find
anything that actually would convert the images via command line or
interface.
[...]

You could instruct OpenOffice to export the RTF files as PDF files by
using the Python-UNO bridge
and then convert the PDF files to TIFF. Google finds a lot of PDF to
TIFF converters.

Dennis Benzinger