'ruby' not recognized as internal......

Parv G.

Newbie question (s) /problem:
I have ruby 1.8.5 on windows xp.
when i type "ruby -v" in command line i keep getting the message:
"'ruby' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file."

Does ruby 1.8.5 (on clicker) come with rubygem? or do i have to install
rubygem separately?

Jan Svitok

Newbie question (s) /problem:
I have ruby 1.8.5 on windows xp.
when i type "ruby -v" in command line i keep getting the message:
"'ruby' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file."

Does ruby 1.8.5 (on clicker) come with rubygem? or do i have to install
rubygem separately?

Your system doesn't know where to look for ruby.exe.

Add c:\ruby\bin to your PATH (My Computer, right-click, properties,
Advanced, Environment Variables, find the line with PATH, add
c:\ruby\bin (or wherever you have it installed) at the end, separate
with ; from previous item.

and while you're at it, look if you have a variable named RYBUOPT with
'rubygems' and if not, add one (this will enable rubygems by default)

Parv G.

Jan said:
Your system doesn't know where to look for ruby.exe.

Add c:\ruby\bin to your PATH (My Computer, right-click, properties,
Advanced, Environment Variables, find the line with PATH, add
c:\ruby\bin (or wherever you have it installed) at the end, separate
with ; from previous item.

and while you're at it, look if you have a variable named RYBUOPT with
'rubygems' and if not, add one (this will enable rubygems by default)

Thanks Jan,
It turned out to be a type as i originally typed "c:\bin\ruby" to my
PATH, went back and corrected, Appreciate your help
Parv