Ruby Tk on Windows Vista

Farmer Schlutzenberg

Hi,
I just installed the current version of ActiveTcl 8.5 from ActiveState.
I then installed Ruby 1.8.6-27 Release Candidate 1 with the automatic
Windows installer. If I try to run the program

require 'tcltklib'

I get the output

C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/i386-mswin32/tcltklib.so: 126: The specified module
could not be found. - C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/i386-mswin32/tcltklib.so
(LoadError)
from
C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in
`require'
from filename:1

However, the file C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/i386-mswin32/tcltklib.so in fact
exists. Also, attempting to run the program in the "Command Prompt"
shell yields an error window which says tk84.dll was not found. This
file is indeed not on the hard drive.

Can anyone suggest what I should do?

Thanks!

Farmer Schlutzenberg

I just checked and I see I do have tk85.dll on the hard drive. (But the
error window complains about missing tk84.dll.)

Farmer Schlutzenberg

Following a suggestion on another thread ("How can install Tk8.5 to
Ruby1.8.6"), I downgraded to Tk8.4, reinstalled Ruby, and it works fine
now. So no problem anymore, sorry!