Ruby Versions in Common Use (Or, Can we bury 1.8.6 yet?)

Intransition

I am curious if Ruby 1.8.6 is still widely used? Have most people made
the jump to 1.8.7 by now?

I ask b/c 1.8.6 lacks support for passing blocks thru blocks, e.g.

lambda { |&b| ... }

I realized that sometime over the last year or so I started to using
the ability of 1.8.7+ to do this without giving it a second thought. I
do not relish the idea of going back and and making workarounds in my
code for 1.8.6.

Side note: it really is a shame I think that 1.8.7 wasn't version 1.9,
the whole point of having versioned site_ruby locations (ie. site_ruby/
1.8/) seems completely defeated by this, since 1.8.7 differs so much.
And now I see Ruby 1.9.2 is using site_ruby/1.9.1 and even provides an
explanation that it (somehow) makes sense.

brabuhr

I am curious if Ruby 1.8.6 is still widely used? Have most people made
the jump to 1.8.7 by now?

In "Rocking the enterprise with Ruby" at RubyKaigi (30:56):

"one of the issues that we have been working on ... we are still stuck
on 1.8.6 and we are still trying to migrate to 1.8.7 and it has been
real hard because of our huge codebase"