Save alternative file on right-click->save-picture-as

Shahar Golan

In my site I show low quality pictures. When someone right clicks an
image and selects 'Save Picture As...', I wish to let him save the
high quality picture.

I 10Q 4NE IDa.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Shahar said:
In my site I show low quality pictures. When someone right clicks an
image and selects 'Save Picture As...', I wish to let him save the
high quality picture.

I think that is not possible on the Web, there are too many different
clients, and, the fact of different GUIs and APIs aside, not all have
JavaScript enabled/supported.

You can have the high quality picture displayed and/or downloaded when
someone clicks the image:

I 10Q 4NE IDa.

Means?

PointedEars

kaeli

In my site I show low quality pictures. When someone right clicks an
image and selects 'Save Picture As...', I wish to let him save the
high quality picture.

I 10Q 4NE IDa.

1. You can't.
2. You don't want to. Us users with low-speed connections might get a
bit peeved if we went to save what we thought was a small pic and the
download took a long time b/c it was a high-quality pic.

Do what everyone else does and thumbnail your pics with a click opening
the high quality pic. Users can save the one they prefer.

~kaeli~
Jesus saves, Allah protects, and Cthulhu
thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Richard Cornford

kaeli said:
I am looking for any ideas.

Wouldn't "10Q" be "thank you" (ten-queue)?
Text message much? :)

Maybe just not in English. These text message abbreviations may not even
translate across the various parts of the English speaking world, they
will probably just be unrecognisable to most who read English as a
second(+) language. For that reason alone they are probably out of place
in an international newsgroup, though I find it hard to see a
justification for their use when the input device is something with more
keys than a telephone.

Richard.

kaeli

Wouldn't "10Q" be "thank you" (ten-queue)?

Sorry, thought that was a lower-case L. I can't read today.
though I find it hard to see a
justification for their use when the input device is something with more
keys than a telephone.

But it's 133t!!
*LOL*