Save Dialog Box For Webpage PLEASE HELP!!!!

Joined
Oct 25, 2006
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hi Everyone,
I really need help with this I am trying to build a webpage right now that has many fields in it and I am currently using the System.Web.UI.WebControls interface with VB.NET Code. I have found several examples on how to create a save dialog box on the page using the html control <input=file> however I really need this to be able to work instead as a WebControls version and not as an html controls version.

What I have is a ASP textbox I set to multiline and I would like to have a ASP Button next to it that when clicked it allows a browse of the client side system in a save dialog box. This should allow a user to select a file from the client side and after selecting the file the location will then populate back to the multiline textbox. I also need it so that when the page loads later it will allow that multiline textbox to show the file location that was chosen previously but also allow the location to change if a new selection is chosen with the browse button. I am saving my fileds to a SQL database so this should not be a problem for me to figure out if someone can get me in the right direction. Oh I am using ASP .NET v 1.1 by the way.

I have been stumped on this since last week and I relly need to figure this out but have not had any luck. If anyone has any idea how to do this they are a Guru God! :musicus:

Last edited: