Scripting

Joined
Apr 18, 2023
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello,

I am mathematician who uses some C/C++ and Python, I don't know much about web development, only the basic in html and css.
Today I need your help to choose a scripting language to do the following:
  • on a website click on the button "write a message",
  • write the text in the text box,
  • click on the validation button to publish the text,
  • click on the "delete" button and validate to delete the message.

So far I have basic needs but I don't know what to use, what do you suggest?
I wrote my request in Python section because I thought that Django or Selenium would do the job, but I could use other tools, could be a browser add-on, could be a scripting language or something else ....

Thank you for your help.

Joined
Mar 31, 2023
Messages
95
Reaction score
8
For the task you described, it sounds like Selenium might be a good choice for automating web interactions. It's a popular tool for browser automation and can be used with Python. You could use Selenium to programmatically click on buttons, input text into text boxes, and interact with various elements on a web page.

Alternatively, you could consider using JavaScript to create a browser extension that adds functionality to the website. This approach would require knowledge of JavaScript, but could potentially offer more flexibility and customization.

Ultimately, the choice of tool depends on your specific needs and expertise. If you're already familiar with Python, using Selenium with Python may be the most straightforward approach for you.

Joined
Apr 18, 2023
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Thank you for answering,
OK I will try Selenium, sounds like the less difficult to get started with and it should be enough.
Thank you.