Scrolling with mouse wheel

Martin Nadoll

Hello,

why doesn't work scrolling with a mouse wheel in Mozilla 1.0.6 but it's
working in IE?

"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<head>
<title>Unbenanntes Dokument</title>

<!--
#div1 {
border: 1px solid #00CCCC;
position: absolute;
height: 150px;
width: 300px;
left: 50px;
top: 50px;
overflow: auto;
}
-->
</head>

height:86px; z-index:1">
reprehenderit in voluptate. Duis aute irure dolor sunt in culpa qui officia
deserunt. Quis nostrud exercitation cupidatat non proident, consectetur
adipisicing elit. Ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.</p>
ipsum dolor sit amet, eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Sunt in culpa qui officia
deserunt ut enim ad minim veniam.</p>

Thanks for any help,
Martin Nadoll

Spartanicus

Martin Nadoll said:
why doesn't work scrolling with a mouse wheel in Mozilla 1.0.6 but it's
working in IE?

[code snipped]

Don't post code to the group, upload it, post the url.

Scrolling divs are a nightmare to use, you've experienced one reason
(poor client support for mouse wheel scrolling), things are much worse
for keyboard users.

Solution: don't use scrolling divs.

Dylan Parry

Using a pointed stick and pebbles, Martin Nadoll scraped:
why doesn't work scrolling with a mouse wheel in Mozilla 1.0.6 but it's
working in IE?

It's a known bug in Mozilla/Firefox. A fix has been in the pipeline for
some time, but when it will be released I do not know.

Greg N.

Spartanicus said:
Don't post code to the group, upload it, post the url.

That's subject to debate. While the post might be around in the
archives for ages, the referred web page will likely disappear much
sooner. I'd say, if a piece of code is crucial to understanding a
thread, it should be posted to the ng, notwithstanding of bandwidth
niggards of yesterday.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Spartanicus quothed:
Martin Nadoll said:
why doesn't work scrolling with a mouse wheel in Mozilla 1.0.6 but it's
working in IE?

[code snipped]

Don't post code to the group, upload it, post the url.

Scrolling divs are a nightmare to use, you've experienced one reason
(poor client support for mouse wheel scrolling), things are much worse
for keyboard users.

Solution: don't use scrolling divs.

Yeah. Use frames.

Spartanicus

Greg N. said:
That's subject to debate. While the post might be around in the
archives for ages, the referred web page will likely disappear much
sooner. I'd say, if a piece of code is crucial to understanding a
thread, it should be posted to the ng, notwithstanding of bandwidth
niggards of yesterday.

Posting code requires the reader to open an editor, copy and paste the
code from the message, save it and opening a browser. It's rude to
expect people to go to that trouble. More importantly, more often than
not code posted is missing vital variables such as the doctype and the
http headers sent by the OP's server.