expand / collapse all with this script

Randy Starkey

Hi,

Is there a way to expand and collapse all if I have multiple implementations
of this script on a single page? The script works well individually.

Thanks!

--Randy Starkey

---
<script type="text/javascript">
function getElement(id) {
return document.getElementById ?
document.getElementById(id) :
document.all ?
document.all[id] :
null; // no need to fall back on Netscape here
}

function writeMoreButton(id) {
document.write("<input class='moreButton' type='button' value='+'",
" onclick='toggleMore(this,\"", id, "\");'>");
}

function toggleContent(id, visible) {
var elem = getElement(id);
(elem.style||elem).display = visible?"":"none";
}

function toggleMore(button,id) {
var expand = (button.value=="+");
toggleContent(id, expand);
button.value = expand ? "-" : "+";
}
</script>

eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.
minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut
aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in
reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla
pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in
culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.</span>
<script type="text/javascript">
writeMoreButton("loremMore");
toggleContent("loremMore", false);
</script>

Randy Starkey

Anyone have knowledge on how to do an "expand all" and "collapse all"
button. I can set up the button the same as the other buttons as to style,
but I don't know if there is a way to code it to force all my
implementations of the script to expand/collapse at once. I have 32
implementations of it on one page. My id's are simply "letter1" through
"letter32". Can I use some sort of variable to call them all?

Here's my page... http://www.victorychurch.com/Default.asp?page=53

Thanks!

--Randy Starkey