securing data in asp.net

Sulafa Malik

Hi everyone,

I am new to asp.net development, and need help on security, I am developing
a web application that would be accessed from the internet, the web
application runs on the web server and gets data from the database on
another server, basically, Iam trying to apply two layers of security for
the web application, the first layer is using the standard asp.net security
methods which are either Window Authentication or Integrated window
Authentication, the second layer of security is to ensure that the data is
secured and protected from unwanted access. I am aware that you can specify
database user id and password in the web.config file but this is a text file
and i dont want to specify user id and password in a text file where it can
be easily accessed.

The security methods used by asp.net protects web pages but not data from
the database, I am trying to apply a second layer of security I would be
very grateful if you could help and advice

Many Thanks
sulafa malik