Security Exception with no cause...

Guest

OK, I know there has to be a cause, but I can't find it. My application
writes error information to a .log file located on the site. Most of the
time, this works with no problem using FSO. However, in one particular
module, it will not write. I gets the Security.SecurityException error. All
permissions are set correctly through IIS and Windows to allow access. Like I
said, though, it works from some modules but not this one. The code to write
error info is identical in all instances of use and for some reason this one
just can't do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is a bit of the
code:

f = fso_OpenTextFile(epth, IOMode.ForAppending, True)
f.WriteLine("[" & DateString & "][" & TimeString &
"]|;|hs.aspx->Page_Load->Line " & Err.Erl & "|;|Error " & Err.Number & ": " &
Err.Description)
f.Close()
Response.Redirect("/hsp/error/100.htm", True)

Bruce Barker

your code is not thread safe, if two request write to the log at the same
time, one will fail.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)