SecurityException: Requested registry access is not allowed

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Kovan A., May 31, 2004.

  1. Kovan A.

    Kovan A. Guest

    Steps i have taken:
    1. Gave ASPNET user access to C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\appevent.evt
    2. Set my anonymous asp user to Administrator (to eliminate any problesm
    with reading and writing)
    3. created a key called
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\Application\TE
    ST (suggested by MS KB)

    I am still having this problem

    Source Error:

    Stack Trace:

    [SecurityException: Requested registry access is not allowed.]
    WebMethods.cWebMethods.PopulateSessionState(Uri objCurrentURL,
    HttpSessionState& objSession) +1649
    CPUTrackerWeb.Global.Session_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) +113

    Kovan A., May 31, 2004