Segfault City

Keith Thompson

Mark F. Haigh said:
(e-mail address removed) wrote: [...]
I realized that more and more programming "supervisors" are in fact
dependent on self-appointed experts like Richard who deliberately tell
lies, spread confusion and bully others.

Please go away. Your code sucks and you got called on it. So, please,
take it like a man, fix the code, then shut up.

He did go away, several weeks ago. The article you're replying to was
posted on June 24. The thread was already nicely dead.

Mark F. Haigh

Keith said:
Mark F. Haigh said:
(e-mail address removed) wrote: [...]
I realized that more and more programming "supervisors" are in fact
dependent on self-appointed experts like Richard who deliberately tell
lies, spread confusion and bully others.

Please go away. Your code sucks and you got called on it. So, please,
take it like a man, fix the code, then shut up.

He did go away, several weeks ago. The article you're replying to was
posted on June 24. The thread was already nicely dead.

Well, I guess I'll take the cue and go away myself now. I was trying
to do a little late-night c.l.c catch-up and ran across this gem of a
thread. My apologies.

Mark F. Haigh
(e-mail address removed)

ena8t8si

Chris said:
That changes the interface of the function. That might be a good
design choice, but it's not the one I'd picked.

Yes, true enough. I guess it's possible that the char
version would have useful behavior that the unsigned char
version wouldn't, although offhand I can't think of how.

StanleyFra