Select module is missing in Python 2.3.1

prabu

Hello all,
I am new to Python,And this is my first post.I have installed "Fsh",an Opensource Product ,very similar to SSH on
my HP-UX B.11.22 U ia64(IPF).It has Python dependency.The problem is that,when I execute Fsh at commanline
following error occurs,
# fsh
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/fsh", line 6, in ?
import fsh
File "/opt/iexpress/fsh/share/fsh/fsh.py", line 22, in ?
import select
ImportError: No module named select

Later on analysing Python,I found that a module called "select" was missing.
# python
Python 2.3.1 (#3, Nov 15 2003, 09:39:56)
[GCC 3.3.2] on hp-ux11
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.Traceback (most recent call last):
But I am able to execute Fsh on my another machine B.11.11 U 9000/800.So I checked there for Select module as below,
# python
Python 2.3.3 (#2, Mar 4 2004, 12:13:24) [C] on hp-ux11
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.Here,it works,aslo I was able to find the "select" modules in the list of all modules persent in the python.

My question,is where can i find the select modules for python and how to import "select" module to python?.
What are all the ways.

Help me to solve this problem.

With Advance Thanks,
Prabu.

Michael Hudson

prabu said:
Hello all,
I am new to Python,

And USENET? Lines <80 characters are normal here...
And this is my first post.I have installed "Fsh",an Opensource
Product ,very similar to SSH on my HP-UX B.11.22 U ia64(IPF).It has
Python dependency.The problem is that,when I execute Fsh at
commanline following error occurs,
# fsh
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/fsh", line 6, in ?
import fsh
File "/opt/iexpress/fsh/share/fsh/fsh.py", line 22, in ?
import select
ImportError: No module named select
[...]

My question,is where can i find the select modules for python and
how to import "select" module to python?. What are all the ways.

select is one of the modules that is built (or not) as part of the
base Python install. So you'll need to ask whoever built the
installation of Python on the problematic machine why it's not there.
If that was you, you need to work it out yourself :)

I see you're using HP-UX/ia64 -- good luck! You're probably going to
need it <wink>.

Cheers,
mwh