Send form data using CDO

Kenny

I'm trying to retrieve the data off a form (survey.htm) and email the results
back to me using CDO and ASP (survey.asp). I'm confused as to how to
retrieve the form data from survey.htm and send it using survey.asp. Below is
a sample ASP script that I found on ASPFAQ.com and it works fine, but now how
do I grab the info from a form and incorporate it into the emal. Thanks.
Appreciate any help or guidance.

Kenny

<%
sch = "http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/"

Set cdoConfig = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")

With cdoConfig.Fields
.Item(sch & "sendusing") = 2 ' cdoSendUsingPort
.Item(sch & "smtpserver") = "servername"
.update
End With

Set cdoMessage = CreateObject("CDO.Message")

With cdoMessage
Set .Configuration = cdoConfig
.From = "(e-mail address removed)"
.To = "(e-mail address removed)"
.Subject = "Sample CDO Message"
.TextBody = "This is a test for CDO.message"
.Send
End With

Set cdoMessage = Nothing
Set cdoConfig = Nothing
%>

Drew

Depending on how you want to do it, if you want it to look nice, just make
your .TextBody something like this

..TextBody = "Name: " & Request.Form("Name") & "<br>Address: " &
Request.Form("Address")" 'and so on and so on

If you want it just thrown in there all messy looking just do this,

..TextBody = "Form Data is <br>" & Request.Form()

If your form method is set to GET, change Request.Form to
Request.Querystring.

HTH,
Drew

Kenny

Thanks, I really appreciate your help. I was able to use "& request.form() &"
to get the information but just like you said, it looked all mumble jumbled
together. I tried inserting html coding; however, using it in TextBody = " "
only repeats the html coding in the message, so when I type <br>, that's what
appears in the email generated the code <br> instead of the line break. How
do I import the form and use html?

Kenny