Sending email with html tags

francan00

For sending email (with HTML tags) what is the best one to use?

I am using this now where it works except where I have <br> in the
message it doesnt add the newline to my output. Please advise if there
is something else I can use beside setContent?

// Setting the Subject and Content Type
msg.setSubject(subject);
msg.setContent(message, "text/html");
Transport.send(msg);

Example of my what is in my message where everything works in the
Outlook email output except the <br> tag.

String message = "";
message += "<strong>Another line here</strong>";

j1mb0jay

For sending email (with HTML tags) what is the best one to use?

I am using this now where it works except where I have <br> in the
message it doesnt add the newline to my output. Please advise if there
is something else I can use beside setContent?

// Setting the Subject and Content Type
msg.setSubject(subject);
msg.setContent(message, "text/html"); Transport.send(msg);

Example of my what is in my message where everything works in the
Outlook email output except the <br> tag.

String message = "";
message += "<strong>Another line here</strong>";

I think your existing <br> tag might have to become well formed xml
rather than not. To do this use the <br /> tag rather than the <br> tag.

Regards j1mb0jay

j1mb0jay

For sending email (with HTML tags) what is the best one to use?

I am using this now where it works except where I have <br> in the
message it doesnt add the newline to my output. Please advise if there
is something else I can use beside setContent?

// Setting the Subject and Content Type
msg.setSubject(subject);
msg.setContent(message, "text/html"); Transport.send(msg);

Example of my what is in my message where everything works in the
Outlook email output except the <br> tag.

String message = "";
message += "<strong>Another line here</strong>";

Also trying using StringBuffer class rather than String concatenation as
it will much faster if you are sending larger messages.

Regards j1mb0jay

Roedy Green

Example of my what is in my message where everything works in the
Outlook email output except the <br> tag.

Try using a hex viewer or packet sniffer to examine messages going in
and out of your email program with blank links to see what it produces
and accepts. Then copy that syntax.

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/hex.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/sniffer.html

I looked over some incoming emails in Eudora. I see lots of <br> and
Try looking with something else.

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/email.html