Sending keytrokes to Windows app

Marten Hedman

Hello,

I am trying to control a Windows application from a python script with
SendKeys and Python 2.3. My problem is that the characters ':' and '\'
are sent to the application as ';' and '+'. See code example below.

I suspect that the problem has to do with the regional and keyboard
settings in Windows. I am using the setting English (UK) with Finnish
keyboard. If I change the settings to English (US) with US keyboard,
everything works fine.

Is there a way to either change the language and keyboard settings from
my python script, or get Sendkeys to send the characters correctly? Or
should I use another way to send the keystrokes to the application?

Transcript of Python session:

Python 2.3.5 (#62, Feb 8 2005, 16:23:02) [MSC v.1200 32 bit (Intel)] on
win32
Thank's in advance

Marten Hedman
Turku Centre for Biotechnology