Sending mail from ASP

Sonnich Jensen

Hi all!

I use the following for sending mail from ASP, but there is a problem
- it goes to a intranet thing (eRoom) which does not read it, while
Outlook etc does not have any problems.
eRoom does simply not read anything but the from and subject. The body
is missing...

Set oMail = Server.CreateObject("ASPXP.Mail")
With oMail
.Host = email_server_address
.Port = email_server_port
.FromName = user_email
.FromAddress = user_email
.Importance = 0
.subject = "Critical design change: " & sChange
.HTMLbody = "<html><head><META http-equiv=Content-Type
content=""text/html; charset=us-ascii"">" & _

I have tried a number of things:
format as <html><body>blabla
format as <body>blabla
format as blabla
with and without stylesheets
meta tags (<META http-equiv=Content-Type content=""text/html;
charset=us-ascii""> " & _ )
etc...

None works i eRoom. Outlook reads them all. Forwarding from Outlook
works well... so there must be some kind of thing, which Outlook does,
that I do not

Does anyone have the slightest idea of what goes wrong here?

BR
Sonnich

Mark Rae [MVP]

I use the following for sending mail from ASP
Does anyone have the slightest idea of what goes wrong here?

You're in the wrong newsgroup - this one is for ASP.NET.

For ASP questions, please post to; microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general

Guest

Something common to ASP and ASPX when trying to send e-mails... normally the
problems is not on the code, is on the server side (you should authenticate,
or your from address must have an specific domain name...), try to send an
e-mail using telnet:

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2006/07/14/428324.aspx

More resources about SMTP and ASP .net:

http://www.tipsdotnet.com/ArticleBlog.aspx?KWID=45&Area=SMTP&PageIndex=0