Sending mail using Framework 2.0 Beta 2, AD & Exchange2000

Jim in Arizona

I've built a small IT helpdesk ticket system using the .NET 2.0 Beta 2
framework w/VS 2005 Beta 2. This system sits on an IIS 5.0 server, fully
patched. The IIS server is set for windows inegrated security only (removed
anonymous access) so all users must be domain authenticated. I use the
webpage headers in use with security and logging functions (ie:
Request.ServerVariables("AUTH_USER")). We also use Exchange 2000 as our
email system. Since all user accounts are an Active Directory account with
integrated Exchange server, when we create user accounts we automatically
create the email account with it. When a person logs on to their
workstation, they automatically granted access to their Exchange folders by
opening Outlook. No other authentication has to take place since it is all
based on their AD logon credentials.

So, with all that in mind, how would I code my ticket system to
automatically send an email back to the user who submitted the ticket and an
additional email to me letting me know a new computer issue (ticket) has
been submitted.

The problem is the Active Directory integration of Exchange ..? When I code
the page to access Exchange, there has to be an active directory account
associated with what the security of the web server is using. I don't know
what that is though or how I would go about finding out.

A while back, someone offered a code sample using .NET 1.x, but didn't help
me due to my using .NET 2.0 and AD mail integration.

Any ideas, anyone?

TIA,
Jim

Jim in Arizona

Wow! There's no one here that knows how to do this? And I always thought the
best of the best read and answered these.

I've tinkered a bit more and am still unable to figure out how to do this.
Anyone ... anyone?

Thanks,
Jim