    missed.

    Thanks,
    Chris

    Chris Rauschuber, Sep 11, 2003

  2. s/ie/eg

    Is this generally possible outside Java? JMS hasn't been mentioned on
    this list, AFAIK, anytime in the last year - not that I've searched.

    If there are C bindings to JMS, then Ruby bindings could be generated
    easily enough using SWIG. Otherwise, you could give JRuby a try.
    Good luck,
    Gavin

    Gavin Sinclair, Sep 11, 2003

  3. Chris Rauschuber

    Ross Shaw Guest

    Sending to a queue is certainly possible outside Java. Of course JMS is
    not used in this case.

    If your underlying queuing system is the popular IBM MQSeries their
    Message Queue Interface (MQI) should be able to be called from Ruby.
    They are a bit nasty but if they can call them from Python [1] it should
    be possible.

    Ross

    [1] http://www.hare.demon.co.uk/pymqi/pymqi.html

    Ross Shaw, Sep 12, 2003