Server connection problem

vidhidwivedi

We have a java swing game that relies on connection with the server and
that is established through object stream. Our problem is that in
between game play "Stream Corrupted Exception" occurred and
connection breaks.
Is there a way we can avoid this, so that connection will carry on till
the game finish?
Thanks for all your suggestions,
-Vidhi.

Andrew Thompson

We have a java swing game that relies on connection with the server and
that is established through object stream. Our problem is that in
between game play "Stream Corrupted Exception" occurred and
connection breaks.
Is there a way we can avoid this, so that connection will carry on till
the game finish?

Almost certainly.
Thanks for all your suggestions,

Supply an SSCCE, and read the group while waiting for answers.

frankgerlach

Why don't you just handle this exception and recreate the network
connection ?

Gordon Beaton

Actually we relay on the connection if reestablish a new one then
game will restart for that user, so defiantly we don't want to loss
that.

At the risk of stating the obvious...

Open a new connection but don't restart the game.

/gordon

vidhidwivedi

Thanks for your concern