Server Error in '/' Application.

abcd

I get following error. I have 2 simple text boxes and requiresValidator
control attached to them. When run on development machine is works when
deployed on production server I get following errors. I want to get the
validatior controls displayed. I ma using ASP server controls.
Server Error in '/' Application.
----

Runtime Error
error settings for this application prevent the details of the application
error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however,
be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable
on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config"
configuration file located in the root directory of the current web
application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute
set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom
error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's
<customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration

Darren Clark

ok few things to check.

1) set <customErrors mode="Off"/> so that you can see the error mesage.

if it still persits..

a) make sure the site is an application and runs off an application pool
b) if it is hosted somewhere.... like a 3rd party hoster, check their
web.config restrictions...
eg one hoster we use will give that error message if
<compilation

defaultLanguage="c#"

debug="true"

/>

is in the code.

abcd

Thanks

it has not yt solved the problem. My web.config setting is as below

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

I have hosted my site at thirtparty (ipowerweb.com). if the form is
correctly entered everything works great. I want to test for validator
controls. The code is in VB.NET and works fine. Is validator control has to
do with this

thanks

Darren Clark

watch the case...