Session Cookie Problem with some users

Jack Bhanded

Hi Friends,

Some of our visitors have problem logging in due to session cookie
problems. They can login successfully only after 2nd attempt. This
problem does not happen in all the browsers.

Any one has idea / suggestions about browsers that do not handle
session cookies properly with asp.net/iis6?

A Hint! The complaint from users has reduced a lot after we ported the
application from asp to asp.net. I am using custom authentication for
the login script and depending on the session value for authenticating
the users.

Thanks in Advance,
Jack.

Guest

You can use a cookie-less session, you'll have to modify the web.config file
associated with this application to set the cookie-less attribute to true in
the <sessionState> element:

<sessionState
cookieless="true"
…