Session End doesn't get called

Jim Owen

I know I';ve posted on this topic before, but it still doesn't work.

I have a Session_End event in my Global.asax file, but it never fires. I
have gone into my web.config file and in session state I changed the timeout
to "2" and made sure the mode was "InProc". Then I opened my app, did some
stuff, and closed it, expecting in two minutes' time the Session_End event
would fire (It updates the database from the Cache). But it doesn't. I've
tried running by hitting F5 in VS.Net, and have also tried by opening a
browser outside of VS. What am I missing here?

Deepak Kumar Vasudevan

Hi Jim:

Check out the following URL:

In fact I had a very similar problem and heavily depending on Session_OnEnd and the above trick really works.
================================
Deepak Kumar Vasudevan (MVP)
CS Software Solutions
Mailbox Protected by SpamPal (http://www.spampal.org.uk/)
================================
I'm not sure I understand. I'm using Session the way I use Cache, putting
Session-specific data in there, such as what record I'm currently editing,
etc. So how does that differ from what you're talking about?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ram

I thought you are not storing anything in the Session. If you are not
storing any thing in the session variables, Session_end will not fire.

Why don't you try this. Crate one page in that create a session
variable and assign some value to it. Make it as start page and run it
by pressing F5. don't do any thing else. Check whether Session_End is
firing or not.

If it is firing at that time, there may be something wrong going in
the pages where you are storing values in session variables.