Session State Trouble

Guest

I recently wrote two asp.net based web apps based around the Enterprise
Library application blocks and generated code and stored procedurescode in
myGeneratation. One works fine but the other is unusabe on that server as
it suffers frequent random losses of session state. Both apps are currently
only used by less than 10 people.

I found that if I copied the problem one to our development server it works
but it will not work on the live server even though the other one works fine
and the two apps are similar. On both live and devel servers we run the
session server service for added protection. I've considered using a remote
sql session server but with the amount of session updates the apps do I'm
concerend about future performance.

The apps have multiple aspx pages and session state is used extensivley in
both. In most cases what is being passed around is objects containing one
database row, which is periodically updated over the course of several pages
until it is written abck to the database. An example might be:

clsCalllist calllist = (clsCalllist)(Session["calllist"]);

calllist.Comments = txtComments.Text;

Session["calllist"] = calllist;

where the calllist is an object that inherits from the code generated data
object (which uses DAAB).

I've excluded the things I know could kill the session:

Clearing it in code.
Altering the web.config or rebuilding the app
Modifying the bin directory
Running a virus scanner

I'm now at a loss as to the cause. Has anyone else experienced this or have
any ideas as to it's possible casuse.